Thursday 12 January 2012

Wonderful Welsh Wedding (part 2)

Yesterday, I blogged photos from the pre-wedding shoot of Jen and Rob. They'd invited me to photograph their day at Craig-Y-Nos Castle, north of Swansea, after we'd met a year earlier at another wedding I was photographing.





Craig-Y-Nos Castle is an absolutely fascinating venue for a wedding. A bold, gothic Victorian building snuggled deep in the Swansea Valley, it boasts stunning vistas over the River Tawe as well as a rich and somewhat quirky history. The castle was bought by opera singer Adelina Patti, who built her own private auditorium which is a grade 1 listed opera house. It's now a boutique hotel, and available for weddings.



 Rob and Jen had a blue theme tied through their wedding. This incredible cake was made by Sofairy Cakes.



I adored the table place settings. Jen and Rob love video games, and so went with Super Mario inspired table "names".

The Adelina Patti Theatre was the setting for the couple's wedding blessing. It made an impressive backdrop, as well as giving all of their guests a fantastic view of the couple's ceremony.


I like to try and evoke emotion from couples when I'm photographing them, rather than formally "pose" them. Rob and Jen were complete naturals, they just really got straight into the spirit of things and it made photographing them together an absolute dream. In the shot below, I asked Rob what was the first thing he really fancied about Jen. His response? "Her username", as they'd met online. Jen just cracked up (as did I!) at that brilliant reply. 




Many thanks to Rob and Jen on letting me be a part of their special day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...