Friday 23 September 2011

Engagement shoot: Steven and Paul

Today I'm pleased to present the photographs from an engagement shoot I did in August, with Steven and Paul.

Steven and Paul met me in March, at the Fabulous Wedding Show, and after chatting to me, decided to hire me as their professional photographer for their civil ceremony this December. We agreed that we'd head to Largs for this engagement shoot.






We were quite lucky when we were in Largs, as it was a gorgeous warm, sunny day, despite having had a week of rain and poor weather. It was a really good opportunity for me to get to know Steven and Paul a bit better, and develop a photographic relationship with them and my camera. 



With this shoot, I really wanted to make sure I captured a strong image of each of them. My couples receive five prints after the engagement shoot, and by focussing on both of them separately, I like to think they can then each have a gorgeous photograph of the other, either for their wallet, or desk at work, or even for their phone. 




I also really wanted to give Steven and Paul a strong contemporary feel to these engagement photographs. Having visited their home, I was aware that they are a very contemporary and stylish couple, and that a strong, dynamic feel to the images would work beautifully on their walls and fit perfectly in their home. 

It's been fantastic working with Steven and Paul, and I'm really looking forward to their civil ceremony later this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...