Friday 24 February 2012

Turquoise, Twigs and Beer : Steph and Tom's Woodland themed wedding

I'm really pleased today, to be able to share some photos from Tom and Steph's wedding in September last year. For those of you not aware, Tom is the genius behind my logo design. So I was over the moon when I was able to give him and Steph my photography skills at his wedding.

Tom and Steph got married at West, the brewery in Glasgow. Theirs was a very personalised wedding - they decided early on that they wanted to have a turquoise theme, and as a pair of self-confessed nature geeks, they wanted a natural theme running through their wedding.

Tom and Steph were also keen to make it a day which was very much all about them. Tom designed the invites (below), and they chose West as their venue, which as well as being next to Glasgow Green where we went for the photos, suited them as a brewery and a restaurant. They also decided not to do things that they felt weren't reflective of them: the meal was a very relaxed barbeque, with no formal place sittings; they didn't have a first dance or speeches. Steph added some handcrafted items, she made gorgeous birds and bunting to decorate their wedding with. The cake, which was frankly amazing, was designed to reflect their theme, and based on their wedding invites. I was also thrilled that Steph had her dress made by fantastic Glasgow based wedding dress designer, Flossy and Dossy.
 



Photographing this wedding was an absolute pleasure - it really had so many things that as a photographer, excited my photographic senses! Congratulations to Tom and Steph, and thanks very much for letting me be a part of your big day. I'd also like to say a big thanks to Zoe Campbell, who was my sharp-eyed second shooter on the day.

1 comment:

  1. Eeeeee! You already know my thoughts on this but Steph and Tom may not: BEAUTIFUL wedding. I love the stationery, the cake, the frock, the shoes, the venue and pretty much everything else quite frankly. Seeing the pics again just makes me grin! x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...