Thursday 8 September 2011

Engagement Shoot: Tom and Steph

I've been looking forward to blogging this engagement shoot for a while now, and am pleased to finally share it with you!

Tom and Steph aren't just one of my couples - they've also been friends of mine for several years. Tom is actually the chap who has designed my logo for both my Struve Photography and Kristin Mitchell Photography brands. I was so happy for them both when they got engaged, and thrilled when they asked me to be their official photographer.

The theme for the engagement shoot was to show Tom and Steph doing what they enjoy most - exploring woodlands and nature. We agreed on a trip to Loch Lomond for the shoot.



 We took a passenger ferry from Balmaha, on the shores of Loch Lomond, to the island of Inchcailloch. It didn't take us long to get there. The island is covered in footpaths - take a decent pair of trainers and you're fine. It actually has a campsite, if you fancy spending the night there.

Tom and Steph wanted to make the most of the shades of green that August offers. Tom wore a checked shirt with green lines in it; Steph had a green top; even I wore a green t-shirt (although I must admit I wasn't really thinking about it when I dressed in the morning!).


Tom and Steph had also brought along their Japanese teaset, complete with turquoise and green tea cups. The two rings shown here are both Steph's engagement rings. The first is a more fun one with a nautical anchor; the lower one is the official engagement ring. 



And what would be the most appropriate thing to drink on an engagement shoot such as this? Green tea, of course!


 Eventually, it was time for us to head back to the jetty, to catch our ferry back to the mainland.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...