Monday 6 September 2010

Hello!

Well, I thought I'd start off with a little hello from me, Kristin. I am a full time, professional photographer and Struve Photography is my wedding and family portrait photography business.

I'm based in Livingston but very flexible with traveling around Scotland.


I've got a website - http://www.struvephotography.co.uk where I keep my portfolio, but the purpose of this blog is to show some of my sources of inspiration, which in turn might inspire other people too.


I don't just get my inspiration from looking at photographs, but from a whole raft of sources, often the things I'm into in my spare time end up giving me ideas for my professional work. For example, I love knitting, and I'm fascinated by the whole world of D.I.Y. crafting and craftiness. In turn, that inspires the things I look at when I'm taking photographs, what I spot through the view finder, all the little details like buttons and bows. It also influences the way I treat photographs and present them, thinking about lovely vintage pastel washes, or bright and vibrant contemporary colours. 

So this blog is about all of that. It's about watching old movies or modern day classics, its about D.I.Y., its the wishlist of things I would love to have or do, a place for thoughts and idle dreams. And in among that, there are the things that I want to bring to the mix, to add as my contribution through my photography.

I hope you enjoy reading my blog. Before I sign off though, a request in advance - if you ever think about getting in touch, leaving a message, dropping a line, or simply saying hello across the internet, please do! It's always good to hear from people, even if you're not necessarily looking for a photographer (or maybe you are one yourself).


Regards,

K x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...